- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 10 oz.)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn kernels
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag (6 oz.) tortilla chips or 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper. Peel, pit, and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat.
2. Drain and rinse peas and corn. Add peas, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste. Serve pea mixture with chips as an appetizer, or add cabbage and mix to make a salad.