- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together baking mix and baking powder. In a small mixing bowl, combine corn and egg.
- Combine egg and flour mixture, stir gently.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil one layer at a time. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain fritters on absorbent paper. Serve immediately with maple syrup or molasses.