- 1 - loaf Italian bread, about 14 oz.
- 2 - Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 - large green bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 1 - package (6 ounces) Fully Cooked Seasoned Steak Strips
- 3 - slices (1 ounce each) American cheese
- Split Italian loaf lengthwise into top and bottom halves.
- Place open loaf, cut sides up, on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle or brush cut surfaces with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet over medium.
- Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add pepper strips and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add beef strips; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto loaf halves. Top each with cheese, cutting cheese to fit. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into pieces to serve. Serve with chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.