- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, and three eggs. Mix until well blended.
- Bake in well greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- To Make Frosting: Combine sugar, butter or margarine, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate pieces until melted and smooth.
- Frost when cake is cool.